Topic: Privacy and Practice: Accreditation, Regulation and Certification
1. Understand how Health Information Technology (HIT) may affect the Patient Bill of Rights, and Privacy/Confidentiality Laws.
2. Understand how licensure regulations may impact the discipline.
1. Health Law & Medical Ethics for Healthcare Professionals. Author James F. Allen Jr. Chapters 3-5
2. Medical law and Ethics 5th Edition. Author Bonnie F. Fremgen Chapters 9; 10
3. Whitman, M.E.(2003). Enemy at the gate: Threats to information security. Communications of the ACM, 46(8): 91-91
4. United States Government Accountability Office. (2007). Health information technology: Efforts Continue but Comprehensive Privacy Approach Needed for National Strategy. GAO-07-988T.
Assignment: Write a 500- word (2 double-spaced page) paper in APA format. Refer to the Rubric for guidance. Integrate the following content into your paper.
1. Do you think all healthcare professionals should be required to obtain a license of some kind?
2. How is the public protected from breaches of confidentiality by unlicensed person?(who is legally responsible, etc.)
*Instructions for writing*
1. For a page with 1 inch margins, 12 point Times New Roman font, and minimal spacing elements, a good rule of thumb is 500 words for a double spaced paper. A separate reference page is required
2. Points will be deducted for misspellings, grammatical errors, generally poor writing(e.g poor syntax), and especially poor or non-use of APA Format. Keep in mind requirements to avoid plagiarism.
Content- 2 double-spaced Pages(approx. 5oo words) Sustantial content with analysis is presented; Evidence of relevant, complete, accurately interpreted research; Adequate synthesis within space limits. Advanced understanding of information demonstrated ny original conclusions or interpretations; Oringinal ideas are cited using APA format without errors;
Reference page- Narrative citations and Reference page contain no APA Format violations, or other errors
Writing Mechanics- No errors in English syntax; grammer, spelling, punction & sentence structure; Superior professional writing skills